U010 Getting Started with Illuminate
This lesson will guide you through Introducing the Illuminate platform to your users: Log In, Log Out, or Change Your Password, Find Your Way Around, and Contact Support.
Use this as a guide to facilitate the training in a computer lab. Show the videos before users log in or view one video at at time so users can follow along.
Before You Get Started
- Confirm with your IT/Technology Team of your ability to access VIMEO on site/district computers.
- Updated internet browsers are preferred and recommended.
- Verify with your Admin team that all users have an username and password.
- Confirm your Illuminate website address: [districtname].illuminateED.com
Log In, Log Out, or Change Your Password
Navigation: Select your Preferred Internet Browser >Type your web address in the web address bar > Enter provided username and password > Select Login.
- Users with affiliations or access to multiple sites within a district will have an additional drop-down to select and sign into a particular site or overall district.
- If email addresses are provided in the user's profile, users can reset their own passwords using the "Forget Your Password?" link.
Finding Your Way Around
- The navigation pane will display available modules in your site.
- Users can customize their dashboard to fit their needs by adding, editing, and removing widgets.
- Widgets display data about students they have the visibility to see.
- Each widget has its own way or displaying data with various checkboxes and drop-downs to choose from.
Navigation: Control Panel> Select email@example.com> Your preferred email application will open to compose a new message.
Here are some helpful tips to better assist you when contacting Illuminate Support:
- Provide user information found in your Control Panel such as Name and Username, along with your district name and any additional contact information if we need to contact you
- Provide the type of internet browser, especially for scanning and online testing assistance.
- Indicate the area or module your challenge or question may be a part of such as "Assessments" or "Reports", including the title of the specific reports or assessments.
- Summarize your challenge, question, or suggestion in as much detail as possible, what has been attempted, and if available, screenshots or pictures.
- Illuminate Support staff can be contacted by phone (Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm) or by email.