Behavior Code Management
For DNA clients only, configurations will vary and focus mainly in support of using Minor Incidents. Please review any and all footnotes.
For most Behavior Code Management Setup, click on Add Code and make sure to fill in the following:
- Code Key - This is a unique alphanumeric identifier created by the district.
- Code Translation - This is the Name of the code.
- Select the site that this code will be used by. In most cases, it will be used by all of the schools in the district and the district name should be selected.
- If this is an active incident code, keep this at the default Yes/True setting. This is particular important for ISI clients who are importing previous or past Behavior data into the system, using codes previously used for incidents.
- Select the Incident Type, which will determine where the type is available as part of creating a minor and/or major incident report
All other fields can be left blank and are for internal use. Click Save when finished (6).
DNA Only Clients
Incident Types must be selected as Both -Major or Minor Incident OR Minor. Any setup configurations setup as Major will not be available in the available features of the Behavior module.
Code Table configurations that focus mainly on using Minor Incidents include the following:
- Behavior Consequence Codes
- Behavior Consequence States
- Behavior Incident Descriptions, and
- Behavior Locations
Behavior Code Table Examples and Samples
When working with blank code tables it is sometimes helpful to see samples. The following are samples for Behavior codes that are not populated by Illuminate. These samples are intended to help you decide what you should fill in for each category to best meet the needs of your district.
The following tables are just a few examples within Code Management:
Behavior Consequence Codes
Behavior Consequence Status
Behavior Incident Descriptions
Behavior Violation Codes are populated by Illuminate as they contain the universal Ed. Codes. You will need to verify that several of the fields are set appropriately to meet the needs of the district.
- Suspend - This field determines if the violation is a suspend-able offense. All violations set to true will display in the Suspension Report found in the Behavior module.
- Expel - This field determines if the violation is grounds for expulsion. All violations set to true will display in the Expulsion Report found in the Behavior module.
- Is Active - If this field is set to true then it will be available for use by anybody entering behavior incidents.
*In support of Major Incidents only
Now that your Code Management has been configured, lets create some Behavior Form Letters!