Adding Custom Standards
This lesson applies to clients who use Illuminate Data and Assessment (DnA) Management. By default, Illuminate provides clients with the standards most educators use (e.g., state content standards, national common core standards, etc.), any of which may be aligned to questions on assessments built and used in the system. However, your district's Site Admin may add custom standards to this list (e.g., if you use standards with modified verbiage, if you developed developmental standards for lower grades, etc.); this lesson will show you how to import such a list.
1. The subject area should be constant and not something that changes from file to file.
2. Additionally, the parent standard should be defined and the state number MUST be unique standard to standard.
2. When encountering an error with the file, you must first remove the file loaded previously. You can remove the file by searching for "remove" and you will find the option to remove custom standards previously imported.
Setting Up Your Custom Standards for Import
Follow this setup in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Sample Setup based on information above.
1. Choose your file delimiter type. The system accepts files that are tab delimited, comma delimited, colon delimited, or semicolon delimited.
2. Click Choose File, find and select the file as it is stored on your computer, and click Open.
3. Click Upload.