Adding Edusoft Assessments
If your district previously used Edusoft, you can import your Edusoft assessments into the Illuminate system (e.g., so that in Illuminate you may list the assessments, print pdfs and answer sheets, administer the assessment, scan results, etc.). This lesson will provide the steps to do so.
Before You Begin in Illuminate
Ask your Illuminate Implementation Manager or the Illuminate Help Desk to turn on the Edusoft Import permission for you before you begin.
Note: Prior to your export from Edusoft, ensure that your assessment titles use consistent and clear naming conventions. Aim for consistency and clarity, but also keep brevity in mind and consider how assessments will be listed when alphabetized (e.g., when viewing a district-wide list of assessments, teachers of a particular grade level or subject should see all their assessments listed together). For example:
• Grade K English Benchmark 1, Grade K English Benchmark 2, etc.
• Grade 1 English Benchmark 1, Grade 1 English Benchmark 2, etc.
In Edusoft: the export from Edusoft runs overnight so you will need to schedule the download at least a day before you can import it into Illuminate. It is recommended to select the option to put all of the Scores Files in one file as opposed to having each file save individually. If you are unsure how to export the files correctly from Edusoft, please contact your Implementation Manager and they will walk you through this process.
Once you have the four files (definition, mapping, scores, ethnicity) downloaded from Edusoft you may begin the process below. Out of the four files from Edusoft, you will only need three of the files (definition, mapping and scores).
Import 2 Files
The files must be in the original format exported out of Edusoft (extension .gz or .txt). NOTE: The max upload size is 50MB
1. Click Choose File to browse your hard-drive for the Definitions File you saved from the Edusoft website.
2. Click Choose File to browse your hard-drive for the Mapping File you saved from the Edusoft website.
3. Select a Scope you would like to save your files as so users can find them in the Assessment List later.
4. Select an Academic Year you would like to save your files as so users can find them in the Assessment List later.
5. Click Import.
Note: You will upload the two files only. You will upload the scores file after the definition and mapping file have run completely.
1. Click Scores tab.
2. Click Choose File to browse your hard-drive for the Scores File you saved from the Edusoft website.
3. Click Submit to process your file.
Note: You may need to repeat this step to import all of the Scores files that came with the Definition and Mapping download from Edusoft. If you only received one Score file from Edusoft, then you will not need to repeat this step.
Viewing Running Imports
Your Edusoft assessments will now be listed in your Assessment List under the Assessments tab. See the "Find an Assessment" lesson for details.