Administer a Skills Assessment
This lesson will guide you through the process of administering a Skills Assessment within Illuminate.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Assessments tab.
2. Under General, select List Assessments.
If you're using the old List Assessments page:
1. Click on Skills Assessments under Types and click Search to narrow down your list.
2. Click on the assessment title to access it.
If you're using the new List Assessments page:
1. You can narrow your search by clicking More Filters > Skills Assessments to narrow your search.
2. Click on the title of the assessment to access it.
Administering the Assessment
1. Click on + Test Students on the Assessment Details page.
Administering the exam
You will see the test title, student name and ID on the assessment page. You can Exit at any time by clicking the Exit button at the top of the page.
1. Click Start to begin the test.
The item count and directions display at the bottom of the page.
2. At the very bottom, you can mark a question Correct/Incorrect and or navigate to Previous/Next questions.
Note: The testing interface includes keyboard shortcuts:
- -> arrow = next item
- <- arrow = previous item
- 1 = mark correct
- 2 = mark incorrect
Clicking Review allows you to save current progress on a test if you are interrupted and need to return to it later.
6. Optional- You can add Notes to the assessment.
7. Optional- You can add a comment for a parent which will display on reports.
8. Click Finish to mark the test as complete.
Note: Skills assessments supports multiple administrations, and you can re-assess a student based on his/her previous attempt.