Creating and Managing Standard Collections
This lesson will guide you through the process of creating, editing, and using Standard Collections in Illuminate. Standard Collections provide a quick and easy way for users to see a family or group of standards to choose from, as opposed to selecting standards from an entire standard set. For example, create and share a collection called 'Grade 3 ELA Trimester 1' that houses all standards to be focused on in Trimester 1 for Third Grade in English Language Arts. When a user needs to select standards to align in an assessment, all they will see in the standards screen are the standards in that collection.
This is a permission-based feature that can be assigned to appropriate users by a System Admin.
Navigation: Cog Wheel>Permissions>Select Module/Category Standards>Select Role/User>Select Load>Select YES to the following>
- Standard Collections
- Share Standard Collections
Where to Start
Creating A Standard Collection
1. Give the Standard Collection a name.
2. Click Submit.
Find and Link Standards to your collection
3. Using the drop down menus, select the standards subject and grade level you would like to access, OR you may also search keywords.
4. Click Search.
5. Select the standards you would like to add to the collection by clicking the checkbox next to the standard. (Note: You can use the Expand/Collapse button to see all individual standards in a cluster, you can also access these by clicking on the + sign.)
6. Click Link Selected Standards.
Share a Standard Collection
Select share to allow users to use standard collections! Visit our Share with Others lesson for more information.
Viewing/Editing your Standard Collections
For more information on creating assessments or linking standards please refer to other lessons in the the Assessment Help Manual.