Using Custom Reports with Mail Merge
Before You Start
This example shows how to create labels using mail merge.
You need two things before you begin the mail merge process.
- You will need your data file. This most often is an Excel document. In Illuminate, you can export reports to Excel.
- You will need to know the label type. This allows the mail merge to format the label based on the size of the label.
Mail merge will take you through a step by step process to complete the process. Your process may be a little different based on the word processor you use.
Here are the steps:
- Select the label type you will use when printing your labels.
- Select the file that has the information you want to insert into your document. Typically, this is an Excel file.
- Arrange your label.
- Preview your label.
- Confirm the merge and print your labels.
These steps can also be used to create form letters, envelopes, certificates, etc.
The screen shots in the following steps show Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows on the left and Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac on the right.
Select Your Label Option
Select Your Excel File
Complete Merge and Print Labels
For specific information on how to mail merge using your word processor, refer to the help documentation that came with your program. In addition, here are some sites that may assist you.