Tips for Training - Scanning
These tips can be used to deliver a training on scanning.
Login to system, go to Assessments tab (5 min)
- Review use of filters to locate assessment quickly. Review use of each column and how filters are entered.
- Review difference between an Assessment (item by item analysis) and a Summary Assessment (summative data).
Prior to Scanning (5 min)
- Show how to configure the settings: Assessment > GradeCam > Settings
- Emphasize the importance of testing prior to the first live scan. Make the first live scan an assessment of little or no value, not a benchmark or final.
Scan a GradeCam Assessment (5 min)
- Show the 3 places where scanning can be initiated: List Assessments icon, After opening the assessment ‘Scan Student Answer Sheets’ link on the bottom left or Administration tab > Scan
- Scan answer sheet; emphasize ‘Save and Continue’ button
- Explain differences between scanning in Teacher Mode and Student Mode
Scan a Manual Assessment (10 min)
- Begin scanning process by clicking the Scan icon next to the assessment name in List Assessments OR
- Open the assessment and click Scan Student Answer Sheets on bottom left or go to Administration > Scan
- Review the difference between pre-slugged and blank answer sheets.
- Explain the use of multiple answer sheets.
Scanning Troubleshooting (5 min)
- Verify plugin installation.
- Verify camera shows in Illuminate.
- Discuss lighting and glare.
- Give contact information for site expert.