Tips for Training - Assessment Reports: Response Frequency, Performance Summary, and Student Overview
Login to system (5 min)
- Review that data must be entered for reports to display.
- Read the Assessment Report Abstracts associated to each report in the Help documentation. These are located in the 'Extras: Report Abstracts' Manual. OR you can click on the black 'i' icon next to the report name.
Response Frequency Report (10 min)
- Emphasize that staff can use this report to identify questions or standards where students performed particularly well or poorly.
- Show how column headers indicate letter choices students selected as a response. Explain that If the responses shown are A, B, C, D and AB, this means a student selected both A and B as the answer.
- If Amplify, Action Learning Systems and Key Data System questions are used in the assessment, show the question and rationale.
- Demonstrate the ability to drill down to identify students who selected a specific response.
- Demonstrate the ability to sort columns.
Performance Summary Report (10 min)
- Emphasize the use of drop down selections to view individual periods at the middle/high school level.
- Note both the Performance Level and Standards charts and graphs.
- Point out the ability to sort columns in each chart.
- Explain the difference between:
- District: all students who took the assessment within the district
- School: all students who took the assessment within the school
- School-Wide Course: all students who took the assessment within the selected course
- Teacher: all rostered students who took the assessment
- Teacher-Only Course: all rostered students who took the assessment for the selected course
- Teacher-Only Period: all rostered students who took the assessment for the selected period
Student Overview (5 min)
- Demonstrate that clicking the number link, in front of the word 'Students', generates individual student scores.
- Explain the links to the Excel and text files give individual response data, question by question.
- This is a great place to find scores that might be placed in a grade book outside of Illuminate.