Tips for Training - Assessment Reports: Student Small Slips, Standard Progress and Overview
Login to system (5 min)
- Review that data must be entered for reports to display.
- Read the Assessment Report Abstracts associated to each report in the Help documentation. These are located in the 'Extras: Report Abstracts' Manual OR select the 'i' icon next to the name of a report.
Student Small Slips Report (5 min)
- Emphasize the use of drop down selections to view individual periods at the middle/high school level.
- Point out the choices when running the report: Show Standard Overview, Show Responses, and Select Language.
- If a different choice is made, emphasize the need to click 'Submit' for the changes to occur.
- Point out the report will automatically generate for one student. Show the links to download the report for the whole section or a selected student.
- Give users time to generate the report making different choices.
Standard Progress Report (10 min)
- Emphasize that this report will only give results if two or more assessments have common standards or question groups.
- Explain that the report compares scores so the first assessment given is the one used to generate the report. (e.g. Open Benchmark 1 and add Benchmark 2.)
- Demonstrate how to add assessments.
- Point out how to run the report by standard or question group (if a question group is used).
- Click on the student percentage to display scores.
- Show the explanation at the bottom of the report.
Overview Report (5 min)
- Explain the report allows a PDF to be generated for overview performance by performance band and mastery. Note that filters can be put in place.
- Emphasize the 'Next Page' button which shows the standards mastery percentage in chart and graph formats.