Setting up Classroom Configurations
This lesson will guide you through the process of setting up classroom configurations for Seating Charts in Illuminate. These charts can then be printed, as well as used to take Attendance if using Illuminate Student Information.
Where to Start
Add a New Layout
A pop up will ask you to provide the following information:
1. Name- Give your seating chart a name.
2. Rows- Input the number of rows in your classroom (Vertical).
3. Columns- Input the number of columns (Horizontal).
4. Desks- Input the number of desks in your classroom.
5. Click Add.
You can have as many configurations as you wish as well as multiple configurations per class/student group. For example, users can have a Testing Configuration, Reading Group Configuration, Pairing Configuration, etc.
Arrange Your Layout
Once you have added your layout, you can arrange the desks in any way you like.
1. To move desks, click and hold your mouse button on a desk block and move it. Drop it where you want it to stay.
2. To delete a desk, hover your mouse over the desk you wish to delete and click the X in the right corner.
3. To add columns or rows, click on the arrow keys outside the layout box.
4. To delete the layout, click Delete Layout at the bottom of the page.
5. To save your layout, select Save. Your arrangements WILL NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY SAVED.
You can also use the dropdown menu at the top to navigate between layouts.
The next step is to arrange/add students to your layout, see the help document 'Add/Edit Students on a Seating Chart' for a guide through this process.