Add and Edit Students on a Seating Chart
This lesson will guide you through the process of adding and arranging students on a Seating Chart/Classroom Configuration in Illuminate.
NOTE: If you are trying to add students to a seating chart from a class in an upcoming school year, you will not be able to access those classes until the start of that new school year term.
Where to Start
Adding students to a configuration
Use the dropdown menus at the stop to select your students (1) and classroom configuration (2). A student list will populate at left.
3. Select Place Students, if you would like to place them in an automatic alphabetical order.
4. If you would like to place the students yourself one by one, press and hold your mouse button on a student's name, and drag a name to a desk, drop it where you want that student to sit.
Note: Even if you place students automatically, you can still drag and drop specific students to rearrange them.
5. When finished, select Save. You can toggle between editing different seating charts by selecting your classroom configurations in the dropdown menus at the top.
Printing Seating Charts
1. Click on the Students tab.
2. Under Seating Charts, select View Arrangement.