Customize the Student Demographics Page
This lesson will guide you through the customization of your Student Demographics page. This page can be customized to see just information pertinent to your role. This feature is permission based- if you want to turn on the Page Customization for Demographics, there are two permissions. One is Administrative- 'Administrative Customization' and the other is for the individual user-'Self-Customization'.
Where to Start
Customizing your view
Once you land on the Page Customization List, you will see the default view listed as 'Student Demographics-default', to create your own, select Create New.
1. You will start with one block (The black bars indicate Blocks) of information to customize. You can name it whatever you chose. To this you can add multiple Rows (The grey bars indicate Rows) of information.
2. To add demographic information you want to see in your block/row, simply click and hold your mouse button on a piece of information in the right hand column titled 'Available Fields'. Drag this piece of information to the row you want it to be placed in.
Note: You can re-order in the information in your rows by clicking and holding that piece of information (ex. Birth Date) and moving it to another spot in that row.
3. + Row= Add a row to that Block, + Block= Add a Block of information to your page, + Special Block= This gives you a default block for contact information.
4. Lock- This locks the layout from further editing and allows you to save changes. Share- You have the ability to share this layout with other users. Copy- You can copy this layout and add/edit it. Delete- Delete this layout.
For Admins: Sharing Student Demographic Layouts
Sharing on the Student Demographics layout page allows District Administrators to set viewing and edit permissions and allow them to grant user permissions to edit student data on Student Demographics page. On the layout edit screen, there is a Share button that opens to new layout sharing page.
Using your Custom Layout
Access a student via the search bar or Students > Search 2.0.
1. Click Select Layout once on the Student Demographics Details page.