Create an Intervention Group
This lesson will guide you through setting up a MTSS/RTI Intervention Group in Illuminate.
View Intervention Programs - Overview
The Intervention Tracking Overview page provides tabs for monitoring your interventions, creating intervention groups, and logging intervention sessions.
From the Overview page a user can also view Intervention Programs, Students who are or have been enrolled in interventions, and the Reports for summarizing and logging intervention sessions.
Add Students to an Intervention Group
Click the Add Students tab to create an intervention group
Select Intervention Group Details
There are many options available when creating an intervention group:
1. For users with access to multiple user accounts, there will be an option to select the User that the intervention group will be tied to. In most cases this will be the intervention teacher, RSP teacher, or other user responsible for logging intervention session information.
2. Select a Program - Select the intervention program name from the drop down menu*.
*This menu must be populated by the System Administrator from Code Management, using the category - Student Programs. See the lesson "Setup Intervention Tracking (Admin)"
3. Select a Custom Field(s) (optional) - Select the custom field(s) from the drop down menu* if you want to associate this intervention group with other fields (like funding sources, program providers, method of instructional delivery, etc.)
*This menu must be populated by the System Administrator from Code Management, using the category - Intervention Custom Fields. These fields can be used to track a funding source, an intervention provider, the method of intervention delivery, etc. See the lesson "Setup Intervention Tracking (Admin)"
4. Search Students to add to the intervention. Type at least three letters of a child's name. Tab or click to select.
5. Select Start to End Dates for the intervention.
6. Click Add Students to Program to create and save the intervention group.
The intervention group will now be visible from the Overview tab in the Intervention Programs section and participating students will be listed under the Students section.
The next lesson covers how to "Log Intervention Session(s) for Students" using the tab Add Session Logs.
You may also want to review the lesson to "Setup Intervention Tracking (Admin)" if there were fields missing for creating the intervention group.
For additional resources on Adding Intervention Groups, see the Illuminate U! lesson: U705 Adding Intervention Groups and Sessions