Set or Reset a Parent's Access to the Parent Portal (for ISI Users)
This lesson will show you how to do either of the following:
- Set up a legal guardian's access to the Home Connection Parent Portal for his or her child.
- Reset a legal guardian's access to the Home Connection Parent Portal for his or her child, for cases where he or she has previously had access.
Where to Start
Find a Student
1. Enter information about the student (for whom you want to reset the parents' portal access).
2. Click Search.
3. If the information you entered only applies to a single student, you will go straight to his or her contacts record (the next step in this lesson). Otherwise, you will see a list of applicable students like the one shown above and must find the name of the student for whom you want to set or reset the parents' portal access, and click on his or her name.
Legal Guardian Check and Edit
1. A contact may only have access to the parent portal if he or she is flagged as a legal guardian. Be sure there is a green check mark in the Legal column after the name of the contact for whom you want to set or reset portal access. If there is not (and if the contact is, indeed, the child's legal guardian), click in that spot and choose Yes to add guardianship for that contact.
2. Click Edit after the name of the contact for whom you want to set or reset portal access.
To Set Access
To Reset Access
You might be interested in viewing other lessons within the "Home Connection Portal" Help manual.