Customize Your Widget Dashboard
Widgets display and run up to date student information constantly. They are like windows of various information quickly and help you navigate to other areas in Illuminate. You can customize the way your widget dashboard looks so it best meets your specific needs. This lesson will show you how.
Where to Start
Log in so you see the screen shown here. If you left the screen and need to return, click the Dashboard link in the top right section of your screen.
Managing widgets provides the ability to truly customize the dashboard. To modify or manage the widgets:
- Select the ∨, ∧ or Collapse/Expand icon to minimize the widget to just reveal the title bar and expand at a later time. Once collapse, the widget can expand back to its original form.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the widget's title.
- Click the X to remove the widget from your screen. Once removed, the widget will go back to the Add Widgets menu to its original title if renamed, and wait to be added again.
- Select Add Widgets to add more widgets (including any you remove) to your dashboard.
Note: Currently a maximum of eight (8) widgets are allowed on your dashboard.
What Widgets Can I Add?
Widgets are driven by the Illuminate product and permissions you have as a user. Widgets that may or may not be available to you are further explained in All About Dashboard Widgets.
Move a Widget
Moving widgets allows you to customize your dashboard. To move these to new locations on your screen:
- Click and hold onto the widget's gray bar title of the widget you want to move.
- Drag and drop the widget... (hold your mouse click)
- ...to the desired location. Let go of the mouse click, when you see the location turn yellow.
Note: Best practice is to minimize or Collapse the widget prior to moving, but it is not required to do so to move widgets.
View a Widget
Each widget has their own view preferences or how the widget displays data.
- Use drop-down menus to change the students for which data is displayed on the screen as a whole or within individual widget.
- Hover over graphics for a description of data they contain. Some of which can be selected to then see a student list pop-up window, r more information about that particular area.
- Select Show Students (when applicable) to quickly retrieve a student list from that data graphic or chart element.
Return to Widget Dashboard
Wherever you are in Illuminate, select Dashboard to return home to the Widgets Dashboard. However you customized your widgets, they will stick and stay that way until customized again.
Learn more about how widgets work in other areas such as Student Profile.
Interested in Dashboard Tiles? Check this out.