Downloading The Conference App
We’re excited to announce that this year, Illuminate Education has worked with Gather Digital to provide a mobile application for the event. You will get up-to-the-minute information such as the latest agenda, updates from the conference planner, speaker information, feedback opportunities, maps, vendor details, an attendee list and more.
Steps To Download The App:
1. Open your Apple or Android app store.
- Search ‘IEUC’ or ‘Illuminate Education’
3. Setting your password for the first time
- Request your password
- Enter your district email address. This must be identical to the one entered when you registered for the conference.
- Login to your district email and click the password link in your email. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your app password twice to set password
- Return to login page
2. Select your conference
Navigating the App:
- Anything posted to Twitter, using @IlluminateEd, #IEUC16 or #IEUC2016 will be rotated on the homepage!
- Click the list icon in the top left corner to access all of the app features.
- Filter your sessions by Product Features, Presenters or Vendors.
2b. Checking into Sessions
What will we do with this data?
- Generate reports on session attendance, so we can:
- Offer sessions more frequently
- Offer sessions in bigger rooms
- Generate reports on session surveys, so we can improve our presentations.
- Generate reports on overall satisfaction of the event, so we can improve future conferences.
2c. Session Feedback
To answer our 3 question survey about the session you attended, please follow these steps:
- Click on the My Sessions tab
- Click on the title of the session you just attended
- Click the survey link
3. My Schedule
- Save the sessions that you wish to attend, set reminders and take notes!
- By clicking the paper icon in the top right corner, you can take notes on any session.
- This feature is designed to be an in-app email.
- Illuminate staff wants to keep you up-to-date with changes and reminders before and during the conference. Click here to read more!
- Did you make some new friends? Plan a meeting by sending an in-app email! You can also ask presenters questions after a session
- Please note: You can only email users that have created an account within the conference app
5. Discussion Board
- Tell us how you utilize Illuminate. What are you favorite features? What do you like most? Post fun things you used Illuminate for in your district or classroom!
- Start a discussion by clicking the Discussion Board link and then the Paper/Pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Comment on a discussion by clicking the discussion topic
- Help Illuminate document the event but taking lots of pictures and posting them here!
7. Attendees, Speakers & Vendors
- We love meeting new people! Use our app to network with someone you met or find sessions taught by a specific presenter.
- You can take notes here too!
- Did you visit a vendor and now you want to see what they’re all about? Take notes, email and view the website for each of our vendors.
- Having a hard time finding a classroom? We dropped pins on the venue map to help you navigate the conference center!
- Want to find out more about the conference? Find out printable schedule and help docs here.
- Want to find out more about Illuminate? Keep in touch with Facebook, Twitter and our Illuminate home webpage.
- Find general information about the conference, including location, specials needs, invoicing, upcoming conferences and much more!
11. Conference Feedback
- Please click this link to let us know how we did and how we can improve for next year!