Step 9 - Create Report Card Templates
This lesson reviews how to create a Report Card Template for each set of students to receive a report card. The template will put all the pieces and setup together is one place and the actual PDF final copy of the report card desired.
3. You will be taken to the 'Manage Report Cards' page. Click Create Report Card to create your new template. Any you create will be housed in this list.
Note, you will be able to duplicate RC's by clicking the paper icon to the right of Field Groups, and you can quickly access a Report Card by using the Search box at the top right corner of this page.
1. Enter the report card name. Be sure to include the grade level(s) and grading period number.
2. Type- Select Primary or Supplemental.
3. Select the site which will use this report card.
4. Select the grading period number for this report card from the drop down menu.
5. If all sites within the district will use this report card, select Yes.
6. Select which Print Group you would like this RC to belong to.
7. Checkmark all field groups that are contained in this report card.
8. Checkmark all student groups that will use this report card.
9. Click Create Report Card.
NOTE: All other choices use the default setting the majority of the time. If you have any question about one of these, please call Customer Support for assistance.
Review the lesson Share With Others on ways to use the Share With (1) dropdown. Most important with sharing report cards is the ability the users have with the Report Cards:
- Select the Share With menu to choose who this field group should be available to enter data for students
- Select one or more of the abilities (2) the chosen users can do: Can View Report Card (allows users to view the report card and data if they have access to the student) and/or Can Print Report Card (allows users to print report cards, or be given the ability to download PDF if they have access to the student)
- To confirm sharing permissions, select Share (3)
Return to the Report Card List (5) or continue to Edit Report Cards (4).
NOTE: Some thing look into is creating Permission Groups or the ability to make a group of users who you will regularly share to, other than the options provided int he Share With menu. Visit our Sharing Help Manual for more details and on sharing practices.
Report Cards need to be shared with users as a final step of accessing the report card and field groups for students. Under the Shared With (1) column, you can review if and with whom the Report Cards have been shared with:
- If the Shared With section is left blank, the report card has not been shared and will not be available for report card entry, printing, or viewing
- If the Shared With section has users (3), the report card has been shared and will be available for report card entry, printing, or viewing
If there are no users present in the Shared With section, select Name of the Report Card (2)>Edit Teacher Permissions to update and add shared users
If there are users present in the Shared With section, select the Current Users (3) to update and add shared users
Now that each Report Card template has been created, learn how to Map and Layout the Report Card!