Find a User
It is easy to find any user that already has an account in Illuminate. This lesson will show you how to do this.
Where to Start
1. Select Filter Users. You can select or enter any type of criteria to find one or more users. For example, you may choose to enter a portion of the user's name (or other information).
2. Click Search.
3. You should now see the name(s) of the user(s) you wished to find underneath the Search button. If you do not, click Search and follow the step above again, taking care to type carefully, and possibly entering less restrictive information (for example, if the user's name is "Johanna," merely enter "Jo" for first name, since the user's name might be spelled differently. Also consider that some users' official names are different than the names they commonly use (e.g., they might use an abbreviation, a middle name, or a maiden name).
Note the many things you can do on the User Management screen:
1. Click Actions next to any user to open/access the actions you can take with a User.
2. Select Edit User, to be able to access tabs to make changes to basic information, and other changes (affiliations, credentials, etc.) as well.
3. Click Become User to "become" the user (meaning that you can use the system as if you had logged in as that user).
4. Click Change Password to change a user's password (via a pop up menu).
5. Click Status Active or Inactive to activate/deactivate users.