Create a User
It is easy to add any user to Illuminate. Users are initially added to the system based on data provided by the District and (generally) generated via the District's Student Information System (SIS). However, a District administrator with access can still create additional users. This lesson will show how to do this.
Always Search for a User Before Adding
1. If you scroll through the screen that appears, you will see a multitude of information types that you can provide for the user you are creating. Only the five fields with a red asterisk are required.
2. Also note that the password you enter is case sensitive, meaning that if you use capitalized and/or lowercase letters. It must be 6 characters or more.
3. After you have entered all desired information (including populating the 6 fields outlined above), click Save. Note also that you can click Additional Information to add things like birth date, school position, ethnicity, etc.
Note: Set the password expiration to be yesterday. When the user logs in using the default, they will be forced to change it to something secure.
Email address is not a required field however it is recommended that all users have their email entered in the system for easy password recovery. If they were not imported they can be easily added on this page (not shown in image above).
Add Term/Role Affiliations
1. Click Site & Role Affiliation. If you selected a Role and Term(s) on the Basic Information screen, these will carry over.
2. To add additional roles, select Add Role. Once clicked, you will receive a pop up menu.
Note that affiliating a user with a "District" will provide access to all students in the district; however, the user must also be affiliated with sites in order to run site-specific reports. Thus it is likely that any District administrator should be affiliated with the District as well as with all sites therein.