Retrieve a Google OAuth Client ID and Secret
These are steps to generate an OAuth client Secret for your Google SSO requests. These steps are built off of Google Developer’s official steps which you can also follow here.
1. Go to your Google API console.
2. Select a project using the drop down next to the Google API logo. If you don’t have a project, you will need to create one.
- In the sidebar under "API Manager", select Credentials, then select the OAuth consent screen tab.
- Choose an Email Address, specify a Product Name, and press Save.
3. In the Credentials tab, select the New credentials drop-down list, and choose OAuth client ID (see image above).
4. Under Application type, select Web Application. Register the origins from which your app is allowed to access the Google APIs, as follows. An origin is a unique combination of protocol, hostname, and port. You can follow steps below.
a. For the Name field, name it something meaningful (such as Google SSO for Illuminate or your District instance).
c. Your Authorized redirect URIs should be the following: https://yourdistrictinstance.illuminatehc.com/ google/login
d. Press the blue Create button.