Share With Others
In Illuminate, it is easy to share a resource (assessment, summary assessment, assessment view, demographic, gradebook, custom report, pre-built report, or student group) you have created. This lesson will walk you through the steps on how to share an assessment with other users.
Note: The steps are the same for other resources.
Where to Start
Share With Users
1. Click the Click Here link. If you are already sharing with users, scroll down the page to the Share with more users section.
2. Use the drop down to select an option to Share By:
Site & Role - Example: All teachers at my school
Site & Grade Level - Example: Anyone affiliated with 4th grade students at Earl E. Lerner Elementary School
Site & Department - Example: Math Department at Ames High School
Site & Course - Example: Anyone who teaches English 6 at Ames High School
Permission Group - Example: Department PLC (a permission group of teachers you setup, see Create a Permission Group lesson)
User - Example: Anita Book, Al Jibra, & Kurt Lecture (you may share with any user(s) in the district)
Additional options are only available to System Administrators:
Site - Example: Everyone at Ames High School
Role - Example: All principals in the district
Grade Level - Example: Anyone in the district affiliated with 7th grade students
Department - Example: Anyone in the district affiliated to the Math department
Course - Example: Anyone in the district who teaches Calculus 1
4. Check the box(es) for the permissions you want the users to have. Use the explanation (5) to help you decide. Note about 'Can Edit' if someone is given the ability to edit a shared assessment, Gradebook, etc. if they make a change, it will change for EVERYONE that assessment, Gradebook, etc. is shared with.
6. Click Share.
Note: The sharing options will vary based on the resource you are sharing.
1. Once shared, a green confirmation bar will appear at the top of the page.
2. The check boxes indicate which permissions you gave. You can always make changes to the permissions by using the check boxes below each of the permission levels. View Users will display what users have which permission.
3. If you ever need to remove permissions, use the check boxes in the remove column to select which permissions should be completely removed.
4. Be sure anytime you make a change you click Save Changes.
Did you share your assessment with a user group or site but want to exclude or limit a particular staff member? Go ahead and share the assessment with the site or user group (and save the permission). Next, create a new permission where you share by user (1), then enter the user's name (2), and only check the boxes for permissions you want to give that user (3). Click Share (4).
For any other questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com or give us a call 951-739-0186 Monday-Friday, 8 A.M.-5 P.M. PST.